Imagine getting out of the shower and slipping into a comfortable bathrobe before heading to bed. There are a wide variety of bathrobes offered on the market made from numerous different types of fabric; however, one fabric, in particular, will always stand out from the crowd in terms of quality — Egyptian cotton. This article will explore what Egyptian cotton is and the benefits that it can offer.
What Is Egyptian Cotton?
Harvested from a cotton plant formally known as Gossypium barbense, Egyptian cotton has a fiber length of approximately 1 and 3/8 inches (3.5 cm). This type of cotton is known as high quality fiber as it has a longer and narrower property than other types of cottons, and can reach a thread count exceeding 1,000 per square inch.
When purchasing bathrobes made from Egyptian cotton, always look for robes that clearly state that they are manufactured from 100% Egyptian cotton, and not a combination of Egyptian cotton with other types of fabric. Many unscrupulous manufacturers have been busted for labeling bathrobes as “made with Egyptian cotton”. While these bathrobes contain Egyptian cotton, they also include other types of fabric like standard cotton or even polyester, which can clearly detract from the quality of the overall bathrobe.
What Should You Consider When Purchasing Bathrobes Made From Egyptian Cotton?
Other than making sure that the bathrobes are made from 100% Egyptian cotton, there are also several other factors that should be noted. They include:
- The fitting of the bathrobe. You want to make sure that the bathrobe is perfectly fitted to the shape of your body for a more comfortable experience.
- The fabric weight of the bathrobe, otherwise known as the grams per square meter (GSM). A lower GSM would indicate that the fabric is much thinner and lighter. Generally speaking, you should look for a bathrobe with a higher GMS as this will indicate that the fabric is a lot softer, plusher and capable of absorbing moisture. You should try to find a bathrobe with a GSM between 600 and 900.
- The thread count of the bathrobe. A higher thread count will technically signify smoother fabric, and a more comfortable bathrobe.
What Benefits Can Egyptian Cotton Offer?
Egyptian cotton stands out from the crowd. It really does in terms of how it feels on your body, and how it looks. Bathrobes made from Egyptian cotton do not typically have the same type of sheen to them as bathrobes made from Turkish cotton; however, they feel a lot softer. Some benefits of opting for Egyptian cotton will include:
- Durability. Bathrobes made form Egyptian cotton have a high thread count making it a lot more dense. In comparison to other bathrobes, you can expect fabrics made from Egyptian cotton to last a good 40 to 50 years. In short, it’s a great investment.
- Incredible softness. Your skin is the most sensitive right after you have had a hot bath. Bathrobes made from Egyptian cotton do not need to be washed much, but will always be soft to the touch. Many consumers claim that the bathrobes have a texture similar to silk.
- Denser threads, which results in more surface area available to pull moisture away from the body. In addition, the denser threads will help trap moisture. These bathrobes are incredibly warm.
If you’re seeking a luxurious experience, you should highly consider investing in bathrobes made from Egyptian cotton. Not only will the bathrobes last you almost an entire lifetime, but they will offer incredible comfort. You’ll love how the Egyptian cotton feels on your skin after a nice hot bath or shower. You may also wish to invest in a wardrobe so that you can carefully hang your robe up when you are finished. Contact a contractor, such as Hills Robes & Screens, to find out more about investing in a wardrobe.